Senior Positions Available at GPM, Cape Town
The company wishes to recruit a very competent Financial Manager based at the factory in Epping, Cape Town. The position will report directly to the Divisional Managing Director in Cape Town with a strong indirect reporting line to the HUDACO Corporate office in Johannesburg.
About the Company
Gear Pump Manufacturing is a division of HUDACO Trading (Pty) Ltd and form part of the JSE listed HUDACO Group.
The company manufactures hydraulic gear pumps for the export and local market. Almost 70% of the production is exported around the world and the company has a very successful distribution centre near Memphis, Tennessee.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure timeous and accurate full monthly financial reporting for three business entities and consolidation.
- Ensure that all income statement and balance sheet transactions are correctly accounted for and that all reconciliations are completed and signed off on a monthly base.
- Ensure that the financial reports and packs are presented to the HUDACO group timeously and accurately.
- Ensure that the standard costing system is correctly maintained on SYSPRO ERP.
- Investigations related to variances from gross margins and corrective action plans.
- Management of BOMS with the assistance of the Cost Accountant.
- Ensure timeous and accurate quarter end and year end as per HUDACO regulations.
- Work closely with the MD to ensure an accurate budgeting and forecasting for the business and reporting entities.
- Regular interaction with company external and internal auditors to ensure a seamless close.
- Preparation of three HUDACO packs and consolidations at financial year end.
- Responsible for the company insurance portfolio to ensure minimal risk.
- Ensure that all foreign transactions are hedged in accordance with the HUDACO policy.
- Critically review the risk register with the MD.
- Review internal controls and ensure that the company has very robust internal controls in place.
- Ensure that all internal controls are well documented and communicated to the business.
- Be able to manage, develop and guide reporting staff by promoting a healthy corporate culture.
Minimum Requirements for this role:
- Must have completed a B.Acc and B.Acc (Hons) and completed articles at a reputable auditing company.
- Two to three year post article experience gained in a manufacturing or FMCG environment
- Very strong technical accounting knowledge which will be tested during the recruitment process.
- Very strong ERP knowledge (preferably SYSPRO, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Sage 3 or SAP B1).
- Experience and advanced capability with MS Office, especially Excel, is mandatory.
- Registered CA (SA) or completed CIMA will be a definite advantage.
If you do not meet the minimum requirements stated above, please do not apply.
The remuneration package is negotiable and will be negotiated in line with qualifications and experience.
This is an employment equity position and preference will be granted to previously disadvantaged candidates.
It is important that only qualified people should apply for this challenging role.
For further detail about this role, kindly contact Karen Hitzeroth on +27 21 531 9330 or via e – mail at email@example.com.
Human Resource Manager
The company wishes to employ a competent Human Resource Manager at their manufacturing facility in Epping, Cape Town. The position will report to the Financial Director and this person will be required to interact and communicate with factory staff, shop stewards and senior management.
The role will include, but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the development of the HR strategy pertaining to company objectives and growth.
- Assist with the HR recruitment process and selection process.
- Preparation of employment documentation & the planning of new employees including an induction program.
- Support a performance driven culture by ensuring that the performance management framework is effectively driven and applied.
- Ensure legal compliance relating to the Employment Equity Act through proper analysis of company demographics, as well as submitting annual report to the Department of Labour.
- Ensure legal compliance relating to the Health and Safety Act through administering internal processes.
- Submitting of annual WSP report and liaising with Merseta with regards to skills development.
- Prepare monthly employment equity statistics and assist with the overall monitoring of the BBBEE rating.
- Ensure that company IR policies are consistently adhered to and advise management on good IR practice.
- Assist with the planning of the Employee Wellness strategy.
- Assist with the internal reports as required by Hudaco Human Resource department.
- Overall control of local payroll with one payroll person reporting into this position.
- Processing monthly provisional journals and recon payroll accounts.
- Assist and support local management with all internal reporting and measurements.
- Be integral with regards to any disciplinary process and Bargaining Council/ CCMA issues.
Qualifications and experience
The following criteria are non-negotiable for this position:
- Must have a completed B – degree with Industrial Psychology as major subject.
- Must have three years payroll experience, preferably with VIP.
- Must have at least five year experience as HR generalist from a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of MEIBC and the main agreement
The salary package will be discussed during the interview process.
This position will be filled in line with the company’s equity requirements.
This position is available immediately.
Kindly forward your CV to Karen Hitzeroth at firstname.lastname@example.org.